Alan H. Marcuvitz
Alan Marcuvitz is a Shareholder with the Milwaukee office of von Briesen & Roper. His areas of practice include eminent domain, property taxation and real estate development, in all of which he is acknowledged as exemplary counsel.
He is regularly invited to speak at seminars sponsored by such organizations as the State Bar of Wisconsin, the University of Wisconsin Law School, the International Association of Assessing Officers, the Wisconsin Association of Assessing Officers and the Wisconsin Appraisal Institute. Currently in it’s twelfth year, Alan has co-chaired the Condemnation Appraisal Symposium co-sponsored by the Wisconsin Chapter of the Appraisal Institute, Marquette University and his law firm. He has written extensively on Wisconsin eminent domain law, real property valuation issues and topics relating to land use and zoning.
Significant Eminent Domain and Property Rights Representations and Reported Decisions
- Warehouse II, LLC v. State Dept. of Transp., 2006 WI 62, 291 Wis. 2d 80, 715 N.W.2d 213
- Metropolitan Holding Company vs. Board of Review of the City of Milwaukee, 173 Wis.2d 606, 495 N.W. 2d 314
- Nankin vs. Village of Shorewood, 2001 WI 92, 245 Wis.2d 86, 630 N.W. 2d 141
- Condemnation Appraisal Symposium, “Just Compensation When Land is Used for a Relocated Property Feature,” June 3, 2015, Milwaukee, WI.
- Condemnation Appraisal Symposium, “Measuring Severance Damages in Partial Taking Cases,” May 9, 2012, Milwaukee, WI.
- Condemnation Appraisal Symposium, “Inverse Condemnation: Access Issues,” 2010, Milwaukee, WI.
Bar Admissions and Memberships
- Wisconsin, 1957
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, State Bar of Wisconsin
- Member, Milwaukee Bar Association
- Founding Member, American Property Tax Counsel