John Kevin Walsh
John Kevin Walsh concentrates his practice in the area of litigation with emphasis on eminent domain, real property and land use trial practice. He has represented property owners in eminent domain proceedings across the State of Tennessee and has tried a number of jury and non-jury cases in both state and federal courts.
Kevin has lectured on eminent domain and condemnation law on a number of occasions in Tennessee and nationally. He is an active member of the Memphis community, giving his time in pro bono services for Ballet Memphis, where he assists with immigration visas for professional dancers, and the Fire Museum of Memphis, where he provides general legal advice.
- American Law Institute-American Bar Association, Condemnation 101: Making the Complex Simple in Eminent Domain, February 2011, Coral Gables, FL.
- Tennessee Land Law for Civil Engineers and Land Surveyors Seminar, January 2008.
- Chicago Title/Ticor Title Insurance Companies Seminar, July 2008.
- Memphis Bar Association, Eminent Domain in Tennessee, 2007.
- Memphis Bar Association and Chicago Title Insurance Company, Eminent Domain in Tennessee, March 2005.
- American Law Institute-American Bar Association, Eminent Domain and Land Valuation Litigation, January 2005.
- “A Property Owner’s Guide to the Condemnation Process and Just Compensation in the State of Tennessee.”
Bar Admissions and Memberships
- Supreme Court of Tennessee, 1980
- U.S. District Court, Western District Tennessee, 1980
- Supreme Court of the United States, 1981
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit, 1984
- American Bar Association, Member
- Tennessee Bar Association, Member
- Memphis Bar Association, Member
- American Immigration Lawyers Association, Member
Certification and Specialties
- Rule 31 Mediator, Supreme Court of Tennessee Alternative Dispute Resolution Commission
- Mediator, U.S. District Court, Western District of Tennessee Mediation Program