Kevin E. Anderson
For over 25 years, Kevin Anderson has been a leading trial lawyer in the western United States. His practice focuses in the areas of eminent domain, land use, real estate and construction litigation. Kevin’s eminent domain practice involves many of the most high profile condemnation actions throughout Utah and the west, including actions to acquire land for airport runways, avigation easements, public buildings, electrical power plants, substations, power lines, railroad corridors, access driveways, pipelines, and schools. He has obtained many multi-million dollar judgments and settlements for his landowner clients.
Because of his extensive litigation experience, Kevin is also a sought after arbitrator and mediator in eminent domain, land use and other matters. He edits Eminent Domain Review, a blog devoted to recent developments and commentary on eminent domain and condemnation law, inverse condemnation, regulatory takings, property rights, just compensation, and land use law.
Significant Eminent Domain and Property Rights Representations and Reported Decisions
- Alpine School District v. Hidden Canyon (condemnation action, representing landowner, resulting in a judgment of $2.978,000.00)
- United States v. 88 Acres of Land, (condemnation action, representing landowner, resulting in a jury verdict of $1.6 million dollars)
- Ivory Development and Utah Valley Home Owners Association, et al., v. Lehi City, (impact fee/regulatory takings action, representing landowner, resulting in a settlement in excess of $1.5 million dollars in payments and credits)
- UDOT v. 12300 South (condemnation action, representing landowner, resulting in a judgment in excess of $793,000)
- UDOT v. Walker, et al, (condemnation action, representing landowner, resulting in a judgment of $575,000 in a case where UDOT’s trial appraisal was $16,000)
- Kevin has represented private property owners across Utah including: Target Corporation, Nucor Corporation, Zions Bank, Savers Retail Stores, Utah Valley Home Owner’s Association, Ivory Homes and Ivory Development, Richmond American Homes, Garbett Homes, Peterson Development, Peterson Homes, Sorrell River Ranch, SRR Properties, and Wasatch Capital Partners.
Bar Admissions and Memberships
- Washington, D.C.
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit
- Utah Bar Association
- Colorado Bar Association
- Nevada Bar Association
- Idaho Bar Association
- Washington D.C. Bar Association
- Board Member, Rocky Mountain Eminent Domain Institute
- Founding Board Member, Utah Children’s Museum
- National Real Estate Educator’s Association, Distinguished Real Estate Instructor Award
- American Inns of Court, A. Sherman Christensen and Rex E. Lee Inns of Court
- United States Magistrate Selection Committee
- Utah State Bar, Bar Examiners Committee
- Former President and Board Member, Federal Bar Association, Utah Chapter
Additional Office Location:
139 Historic 25th Street
Ogden, Utah 84401
Tel: (801) 317-4049