Michael F. Faherty
A Pennsylvania native, Michael F. Faherty, leads the firm in the advocacy of private property rights providing condemnation counsel exclusively to Pennsylvania property owners. Throughout his more than 25 years of practice, Mike has amassed a wealth of experience in eminent domain law litigating cases across Pennsylvania. He represents property owners threatened by condemnors using eminent domain power to acquire private property for projects such as pipelines, transportation infrastructure, power lines, airports and other public uses. He has recently defended property owners in Washington and York counties in condemnation proceedings to acquire their properties for the Sunoco Logistics Mariner East 1 Pipeline.
Mike is a frequent author and lecturer with recent presentations on Marcellus shale property rights and issues facing landowners threatened by pipeline easements before the Pennsylvania Farm Bureau, the Pennsylvania State Association of Township Supervisors and various property owner groups. He is a contributing author to the Landowner’s Guide to Pipelines, a publication of the Pipeline Safety Trust, and serves on the Eminent Domain Committee of the Real Property, Probate & Trust Section of the Pennsylvania Bar Association.
- American Law Institute: Condemnation 101, “Tips and Traps for Beginning Eminent Domain Trial Lawyer,” February 5, 2015, San Francisco, CA.
Published Articles and Papers
- Eminent Domain A Property Owner’s Guide
- Sources of Eminent Domain Power and the History of Eminent Domain Power
Bar Admissions and Memberships
- Federal District Courts of Pennsylvania
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association: Real Property, Probate & Trust Section, Eminent Domain Committee
- Pennsylvania Defense Institute, President, 2004
- Harrisburg Claims Association