November 29th, 2016 — By — In News & Events
Join Owners’ Counsel at the Eminent Domain & Land Valuation 2017 CLE in San Diego
Join Owners’ Counsel of America attorneys at the 34th annual American Law Institute Eminent Domain and Land Valuation Litigation course in San Diego, California. This live CLE program will take place Thursday – Saturday, January 26-28, 2017 at the Westin San Diego, in downtown San Diego, California.
Register to attend in-person and SAVE $200! American Law Institute CLE is offering all of OCA’s referrals a unique savings on course registrations. Simply enter coupon code CY009OCA to SAVE $200 off the regular in-person registration fee. *
Exploring a full range of cutting-edge issues and drawing professionals from across the country, this annual conference is “the place to be” for all eminent domain and land use practitioners. Customize the unique curriculum to work for you!
Are you an experienced eminent domain lawyer? Choose from dual tracks addressing key issues in substantive takings law, or choose from an array of sessions chock full of practice pointers.
New to the practice or need a refresher? Attend Condemnation 101’s “bootcamp” sessions on Thursday. Then join with other attendees for Friday and Saturday’s sessions – including a national eminent domain law forum and regulatory takings update. Either way, you’ll learn from recognized and experienced professionals representing the diverse stakeholders in these cases.
Topics for the 2017 course include:
- Teamwork: How a jury consultant collaborates with the attorneys to present a compelling case
- Emerging issues in relocation litigation and under the Uniform Relocation Act
- Dynamic trial presentations: How predicate experts make the case
- Effective landowner testimony: Using the client in the valuation case
- Permitting and approvals for linear energy transmission and pipeline projects
- Present and future highway projects: Obtaining information under public records laws and the role of federal funding
- Where we are 25 years after the Supreme Court established the “total takings” test in Lucas v. South Carolina Coastal Council
Conference Planning Chairs include:
Robert H. Thomas, Damon Key Leong Kupchak Hastert, L.C., Honolulu, Hawaii
Joseph Waldo, Waldo & Lyle, P.C., Norfolk, Virginia
Hurry! This discount expires 12/01/2016.
*Valid on new registrations only. Discounts may not be combined, including group registrations. Expires 12/1/16.